The Emergency Nurses Association is a growing national association dedicated to advancing emergency nursing. ENA is looking for an experienced Freelance Writer to contribute to ENA’s monthly member magazine, ENA Connection. The position will develop and write content for the publication and work with internal and external sources to ensure content produced meets the highest journalistic standards of quality and accuracy. We are looking for a storyteller who can put a face on a story and create compelling content for our members.
Qualified candidates will preferably have a Journalism or English background, knowledge of AP Style, and experience with magazine and feature writing, preferably in the health care or association field.
Contributing writers for ENA Connection will be expected to:
- Establish and maintain availability for assignments with the Editor-in-Chief
- Provide clear and concise copy, written in AP Style, within the length and topic parameters set by the Editor-in-Chief or Assistant Editor
- Provide complete cited references for all nonverbal sourced material, such as journal articles, websites and other research resources
- Engage with and include a minimum of two sources for each article, unless otherwise instructed by the editors
- Contribute to the development and cultivation of sources for each article
- Assist in developing headshots and other appropriate photo illustrations or artwork for each article