SpeakWrite (est. 1997) provides a scalable network of dictation and human-powered transcription services to over 65K clients, involving law firms, law enforcement operations, state government bureaus, insurance providers, and a diverse spectrum of related industries.
The company regularly recruits general and legal transcriptionists and typists to add to its network of on-call talent who work with SpeakWrite’s transcription App and software programs to render finalized documents to clients.
Freelancers work from home and can set their own schedules.
Basic Candidate Requirements:
- Type a minimum speed of 60 words per minute with 90% accuracy.
- Fluent in English–must reside in U.S. or Canada.
- A strong command of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, including advanced formatting features.
- Excellent listening skills.
- 1+ years of transcription and word processing experience.
Compensation: varies based on workload. Average earnings per month is $300+, while top monthly performers earn $3,000 and above.