Our client, a leading law firm based in NYC, NY, is looking for qualified candidates to fill the role of Technical Writer. It is a freelance position where you can work from home. The amount of work will vary and will be on an as-needed basis.
- Must be able to provide writing samples.
Technical writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely, and accurately, and without relying on jargon. As a technical writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures as well as preparing presentations,
- Top Responsibilities: Write, publish, and maintain high-quality help content, white papers, and user interface messaging.,
- Manage the production and publishing of documentation.
- Collaborate with management to develop reports.
- Identify user needs,
- BA degree in English, journalism, technical writing, a related field, graphic design or equivalent practical experience. 5 years of experience writing software documentation
- Writing and editing experience.
- PowerPoint and Visio
- Experience working closely with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process.
- Content management systems and/or help tools experience.
- Project and process management of a documentation set.
- Track record of problem solving and innovation.