The American Society of Clinical Oncology is taking applications for freelance medical writers to support the Daily News suite of products. Freelancer writers will be expected to write a variety of stories ranging from physician profiles to scientific articles contextualizing practice-changing data for an expert physician audience. Travel to the ASCO Annual Meeting for up to 5 days may be required for some assignments, but not for all.
Qualified applicants will bring:
- 7 or more years of experience writing for medical or scientific publications
- 3 or more years of experience reporting from medical or scientific meetings
- A master’s degree in science and/or medical writing/editing is required, but a PhD in science is strongly preferred.
- Proofreading and copyediting skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in AMA and Chicago style
- Ability to write accurately on tight deadlines