Looking for journalists located anywhere in the U.S., who have a passion for sustainable agriculture, urban farming and the promotion of local food and agriculture systems that have the potential to benefit communities, protect the environment and strengthen local economies.
- Experience writing for a news publication – online or print.
- Knowledge of narrative and how to construct a story from primary source material (integrating quotes, letting the source material guide the development of the story, etc.) is essential
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Delivery of high-quality articles that are 700 – 800 words, fact-checked, source-based (at least one primary source), copy edited and well-researched
- Passion for and knowledge of sustainable agriculture, urban farming, and local food systems