Mashed.com is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our team. The ideal candidate has at least 1 year of writing experience in web publishing with content similar to Mashed. The writer will claim feature topics from a large selection of starting points to choose from. They will then have 7 days to research, pitch the structure of their feature, and write everything up. This position is work from home with flexible hours.
Mashed is the ultimate destination for food lovers. Whether you’re learning how to cook or ready to take your kitchen skills to the next level, Mashed has all the tips and tricks you’ll ever need to be a chef… Or at least enough hacks to help you fake it in the kitchen.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
- At least one year writing professionally
- Building content in a CMS, preferably WordPress
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Responsibilities:
- Interest in and knowledge of food topics covered by Mashed is a must
- Use reputable and authoritative sources to write factual content
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Expertise in story selection and tone to fit the site’s unique voice
- Under the brand’s unique voice, write clean and entertaining copy that is well-researched for longform features ranging between 1,000 and 3,000 words
- Follow the best practices of our style guide, editorial strategy and publishing standards to uphold quality of content