Mic.com is looking for a Freelance Writer on a contract basis to write for the Payoff, the financial vertical of the website at https://mic.com/payoff.
In this part-time role the writer will identify, pitch and write in-demand service stories about money, making money, and other personal finance topics. This may also include finance issues on broader themes connected to health care, changing careers, starting a business, etc. The writer will also contribute long-form journalistic feature stories.
- 2+ years of journalism experience, preferably about money, business or similar subjects.
- Responsibility to high journalistic standards, editorial voice and best writing practices.
- Passion for news and news commentary.
- Experience in data research and sourcing exclusive information.
- Proficiency in using a CMS to add strong visual elements (photos, charts and videos) to articles.
- Sharp sense of storytelling, both written and visual.
- Adapting a writing style that fits Mic’s and the Payoff’s editorial voice.
Time commitment: 25-30 hours per week.
Compensation: to be discussed with qualified writers.