If you are an experienced editor of science curriculum seeking your next assignment, Learning in Motion may have the freelance job for you!
We need strong editors to edit a science curriculum for grades K through 6. Experience editing a science curriculum is a definite plus, but not required.
This is a freelance assignment. Editors work from their homes and may attend trainings and meetings on site as needed.
- Five (5) years of editing experience required, two (2) years of which spent editing science curriculum preferred.
- Experience teaching science courses, coordinating a science project, or similar experience desired.
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making experience wanted. Must be thorough and demonstrate an excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding grammar, syntax, and spelling abilities required. Strong writing skills are essential.
- Must be an effective communicator who can work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of publishing tools such as Word and Google Docs required. Familiarity with style guides such as the Chicago Manual of Style desired.
Pay is DOQ. Preference is for editors located in the Santa Cruz/Monterey Bay area; however, quality of work is more important.