BioPlan Associates, Inc. provides market research services, customer needs analysis, and publications and reports for the life sciences and biopharmaceutical industry. We seek an exceptional individual for a part-time, permanent freelance editor position. The right candidate will provide contract freelance editing work. This can be a work-at-home position for the right person; offers excellent compensation, flexibility, and the ability to generally set own hours. The candidate must be highly self-motivated, able to meet deadlines, work in a flexible project-by-project basis in a friendly, growth-oriented environment.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Prior professional copy editing experience in life science, biopharmaceuticals and/or biotechnology; prior ‘investigative journalism’ research in a high-tech (biopharma) field
- Excellent interpersonal phone skills
- Able to work independently; self-motivated problem solver
- Excellent communication skills; superior organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Experience with copy editing English translated material preferred, but not required
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Prior project management experience and skills
- Experience with MS Excel, Word and Outlook
Salary and Hours:
Part-time, typically 10-15 hours/week on average; flexible. You set your processes, hours, and methods. Contract 1099 position for a strong professional. Hours can vary depending on project load. Well-paid, based on prior experience. Telecommute position for a self-motivated candidate.