Scribendi Inc. (est. 1997), a professional editing and proofreading agency that services clients worldwide, regularly recruits Freelance English Editors to work on assignments spanning a variety of subjects and fields of study.
Scribendi Editors work from home and can choose assignments that interest them the most. Candidates must be familiar with transmitting, transferring and renaming files, as well as using a website interface to retrieve and submit work. A secure Internet connection and PC are needed.
Because clients include academics, students, trade professionals, authors, and individuals, Scribendi Editors need these qualifications:
- 3 or more years of experience in editing, writing, document production, or language teaching.
- A university degree in a relevant field.
Native-level English speaking and writing ability.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Strong work ethic to follow written instructions, meet deadlines and work independently.
- An average editing/proofreading speed of 1,000-1,500 words per hour.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word 2010 or later.
- Knowledge of major document file formats and their associated software programs.
- Well-versed in any style guide, including APA, Chicago, and Harvard styles.
Compensation: varies based on project and experience level.