The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is recruiting Freelance Editors to provide editorial assistance for its portfolio of publications which cover policy, academic, NGO, and other sectors. Freelance Editors will work with team members of the Communications and Knowledge Management Division.
Founded in 1975 IFPRI delivers research-centered policy solutions to sustainably minimize poverty and end hunger and malnutrition in developing countries.
Freelance Editors will have the following job responsibilities:
- Edit, copy edit, write, and proofread text and data for a broad selection of publications, including annual reports, briefs, brochures, reports, journal articles, etc.
- Ensure uniformity of style, coherency, and clarity of thought.
- Suggest concrete and succinct editorial comments to improve each publication.
- Team up and work effectively with authors, editors, and design team.
- Meet deadlines for all assigned work.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- B.A. in agriculture, economics, public policy, international affairs, journalism, or humanities.
- At least 5 years of experience in substantive editing, line editing, copy editing, proofreading, and writing publications.
- Proven ability to edit and write for academic and nonacademic readers and to comprehend the objective and subtleties of different authors.
- Expertise of and experience working on international development issues associated with agriculture, nutrition, poverty, economics, and public health.
- Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style.
- Proficient in using MS-Word and its editing/tracking tools.
Compensation: based on experience.