Cactus Communications (est. 2002) regularly outsources projects to Freelance Copy Editors who have experience editing scientific and scholarly manuscripts. The company works with over 1400 freelance service providers to help researchers, authors, and publishers effectively communicate their research results globally.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly edit manuscripts ensuring text follows standard scientific English and is void of ambiguous or unidiomatic sentences.
- Obey project-specific guidelines and format manuscripts according to the intended journal when needed.
- Follow all subject-specific rules.
- A PhD/Masters/Bachelors degree or proficiency in one or more concentrated subject areas within Materials Science (Nanomaterials, Ceramics/Glass, Materials Engineering, etc.).
- Exceptional English editing skills–including substantive editing experience.
Compensation: $1,200-$3,000 monthly, depending on available projects; plus 20% bonus payment for exceptional editors.
Freelance copy editors can work from home and create their own schedule.