Freelance Writers with solid technical and technology backgrounds are needed to join the remote writing team of Compose.com (est. 2010), a widely-used database deployment platform acquired by IBM.
Freelance writers will be creating branded content about programming, databases and messaging in the form of articles, how-tos, tutorials, case studies and marketing assets.
Additionally, writers will:
- Collaborate with software developers to introduce the latest advancements at Compose to the general public.
- Consult with the Support Team to extract the foremost knowledge to procure new customers.
- Enlist the Marketing Team to transform their ideas and messaging into original content that can engage new customers.
Other duties will include:
- Creating launch content about new Compose features and products.
- Producing preparatory and enhanced content on specific databases.
- Helping other Composers create content for presentations and discussions.
- Writing exclusive content for the help/documentation systems.
Applicants will need this type of experience:
- Technical writing expertise, especially conveying information to a broad audience, in the form of articles and blogs.
- Knowledge of databases, communication systems, and cloud deployment on modern platforms.
- Simplifying complex information into easy-to-understand content.
- Working a flexible schedule to collaborate with a dispersed team across different time-zones.
This is a remote, freelance position.
IBM offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.