Advantage Media Group and ForbesBooks are looking for a Freelance Developmental Editor who has strong skills in book writing and editing, along with expertise in the Health sector, particularly in Orthodontics and general dentistry.
(Advantage Media Group and ForbesBooks collaborate with elite business professionals to position, promote, and market authors as thought-leaders and experts in their industry, community, or marketplace.)
This job will require the freelance editor to assist authors in writing a 3,500-word introductory chapter for their book.
- Manage and motivate authors through the Talk Your Book Interview process.
- Proactively offer editorial suggestions about the goals, underlying premise, and narrative voice.
- Manage text length.
- Ensure consistent overall structure for the manuscript.
- Meet all timelines, budgets, and client goals.
- At least two years of experience in developmental editing and line editing.
- Book publishing experience is a plus.
- Impeccable writing, editing, grammar, spelling and communication skills.
- Thoughtful attention to detail and accuracy in your work.
- Reliable listening and interpretation skills to collaborate effectively with clients.
- Well-versed in The Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Track Changes.
- Strong ability to interact with and motivate clients in attaining their publishing goals.
Candidate can work remotely from home.
Compensation: competitive and comparable with experience.