Flexport.com is looking for a Freelance Writer to write journalistic-style articles about worldwide trade and logistics based on expert interviews, industry research, and data analysis. The company, Flexport Inc., is a registered freight forwarder that employs people and technology to handle the intricacy of global trade.
The company wants the freelance writer to pitch new stories, and then write them upon approval. Prior articles have covered the ocean-carrier competition; driverless trucks and drone delivery; holiday-shipping delays; airline baggage fees; etc.
This gig requires:
- Producing and composing unique story ideas connected to global trade and logistics
- Interviewing experts from the sector and academic community
- Writing copy for the Flexport’s website and marketing materials (rarely)
- Pitching other commentators, reporters, or editors to promote and distribute stories more extensively
- Writing shareable social media messages for extra publicity.
Payment: to be discussed.