FiveThirtyEight.com (est. 2008), owned by ESPN, is seeking long-term P/T and Freelance Writers to cover politics for the site’s expanding political coverage.
The website emphasizes strongly on statistics to convey opinion poll analysis, politics, economics, and sports blogging.
The editors need writers who can expertly analyze data and dig deep into facts to shed light on the world of politics and write in-depth, intelligent, objective stories for both public and professional readers.
Freelance writers will be covering these topics:
- policy issues such as education, health care, energy, housing, the environment and immigration Congress
- federal agencies
- the White House
- election administration and ballot access
- lobbying and money in politics
- foreign policy
- comparative politics and international politics
- state and local policy and politics (especially issues that have national implications).
Compensation: discussed with qualified applicants.