The Finance Writer will be our resident expert on both small business finance and personal finance for small business owners. If you don’t have experience in both, that’s ok – but you need to be excited to research both and able to write in-depth articles on both topics.
You’ll also have a great network of industry professionals (mortgage brokers, loan officers, financial planners, CPAs, insurance brokers, business brokers, etc…) or maybe you are or were one yourself in a past life. More importantly, you are passionate about finance as it relates to real world small businesses and small business owners and want to share your knowledge in written form with our eager online readership.
Then this is the position for you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Researching, writing, and editing articles on small business finance and personal finance for small business owners
- Conducting interviews with finance professionals and experts (drawing from your own network and leveraging your Fit Small Business title to grow your network)
- Providing in-depth responses to reader questions on small business finance and personal finance for small business owners
Qualifications for success:
- You are comfortable writing about finance… or have a strong desire to get your knowledge on paper from years of experience in this field.
- Maybe you already are a freelance writer on small business finance or personal finance for small business owners… and want to take it to full time.
- You are high energy and passionate about helping small businesses succeed.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment where things change quickly.
- You want to write for an online publication