First Quarter Finance is a four-year-old US-centric personal finance website which covers consumer topics such as which stores price match, where to buy designer shoes at a discount, how much you can expect to spend on an engagement ring, and more.
The website has is seeking freelance writers to fulfill the following positions.
1. Freelance Pop Culture Facts Writer ( Apply to Job )
2. Freelance Travel Writer ( Apply to Job )
3. Freelance Data Scientist ( Apply to Job )
4. Freelance Shopping Writer ( Apply to Job )
5. Freelance Automotive Writer ( Apply to Job )
6. Freelance Banking Writer ( Apply to Job )
- All topics are provided.
- Editors let you know up front what needs to be included in an article.
- You must commit to writing at least one article per week. The sky’s the limit.
- No need to interview experts though some articles will require you to call stores or companies.
- Articles are very research-focused so you must be able to do this easily and with an understanding of what is and what is not a credible source.
- The pay is $80 per article. Some articles will be indicated as being worth less but the effort/pay will be commensurate to the $80 articles.
- We pay immediately upon completion via your choice of PayPal or Venmo (you are subject to PayPal’s business transaction fees but no fee if you choose Venmo).
- You are considered an independent contractor, not an employee.