Fairygodboss.com is an early-stage startup based in New York. Our mission is to improve the workplace for women by creating transparency. We do this by creating a safe, anonymous and supportive place for women to leave job reviews and tips about employer pay, benefits and culture.
We publish career advice and other relevant articles daily, and we send out multiple email newsletters per week. If you’re a writer who’s interested in improving the world and workplace for women, this job is for you.
Write two 500 – 1,000-word articles every weekday (10 per week). Topics will largely be assigned, although pitches are also welcome.
Article topics will include:
- Current events around women’s empowerment, women’s rights, women’s issues or prominent women leaders or celebrities
- General career advice (topics surrounding job searching, interviewing, workplace relationships, etc.)
- Parental leave / returning to work after leave / working parents
- Equal pay and the gender pay gap
- Flexible / remote working
- Gender discrimination / harassment
- Work in our content management system to upload and schedule your articles for publication
- Demonstrated ability and interest in writing (in the form of a blog or writing samples)
- We prefer if you have experience writing about some of the topics listed above.
- Ability to work between 15-20 hours per week.