eWorld Editing is seeking skilled editors to revise scientific research written in English by researchers for whom English is a second language. All editing is done in Microsoft Word and can be performed at a time and place of your choosing, as long as deadlines are met. The work is flexible and can be anywhere from 5-20 hours per week, depending on your schedule and our needs.
- A Master’s degree or PhD in science or engineering is preferred, although strong candidates with some graduate work and/or previous publications may be considered;
- A background in chemical, mechanical, electrical, or biomedical engineering, material sciences, physics, mathematics, molecular/cell biology, or medicine is highly desirable;
- English must be your first language;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work unsupervised and meet deadlines;
- A strong academic record;
- Familiarity with the style of writing in peer-reviewed journals;
- Experience working with non-native speakers of English is preferred, but not required.
This position is convenient, with flexible hours, and is an excellent source of part-time income for the right person.APPLY TO JOB