Etha Natural Medicine is looking to hire a freelance Grant Writer with experience in the science, healthcare, or biology fields. The Grant Writer is responsible for preparing proposals and grant applications, such as federal grants for opioid research. The role will research, identify, develop, and respond to grant opportunities primarily in the areas of Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Education, Supplements. The role will also follow up with the grant-making organization to supply additional supportive materials, respond to solicitations, supply progress reports, and provide all post-award reporting.
The Grant Writer will:
- Researches and identifies program funding prospects.
- Generates proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations.
- Generates revenues for Client programs and services through timely submission of well-researched, well written, and well-documented grant/fund-raising proposals.
- Maintains and implements funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities.
- Conduct needs assessment to facilitate grasping the concept of a project or program for which funding is sought as defined by the client.
- Review the budget of a project or program for which funding is sought and make recommendations on how to better present it to grant-making organizations.
- Develop individual grant proposals in accordance with each grant-making organization’s preferences and follow exactly each grant-making organization’s guidelines.
- Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to be able to supply additional supportive material.
- Manage the process of supplying progress reports when required by a grant-making organization that has funded a project or program.
- Responsible for administration and completion of all required post-award reporting, compliance and evaluation as needed.