SPEED Technology Shanghai is looking for several English native speakers who can help to check/edit business documents in English. As one of the largest translation companies in Shanghai China, we have more than 20 jobs every month.
Job description and requirements:
Checking/editing of business documents in English, mainly press releases, industry survey reports, corporate training, company magazines for clients or employees (monthly, quarterly or annual), product leaflets or brochures, annual reports, children’s literature, etc.
These documents are mainly from our long term clients in China which are international or domestic companies including Fortune 500 ones. They need a checking/editing service of these
documents for their international markets in the USA or Europe.
Around 50,000 English words to be proofread every month, more than 20 jobs.
1) mother language must be English, strong writing skills in English. Past translation or proofreading experience is preferred.
2) familiar with business documents;
3) expected modification rate of around 20%, in both wording and sentence structures to make the articles native and professional, no basic mistakes including grammar mistakes.
3) proficiency in reading Chinese documents would be a plus, but not essential.
If you are interested in this kind of work, please send us the following information.
- Provide your resumé with detailed contact info including Skype, email or phone numbers.
- Describe how you satisfy the requirements above, and your special expertise.
- Quote your best rate in USD per English word, your turnaround time, and your expected payment terms.
- After we receive your reply, we will send you a sample English proofreading test (less than 250 words, a story about the company history and magazine). Our final decision will be made within one week of receipt of your quote and completed test proofreading.
Looking forward to having the chance of working with you. Thank you.
Have a good day!