Enago (est. 2005), a leading provider of specialized editing and author services for national and international researchers, is recruiting Freelance Editors in these fields of study:
- Medical and Clinical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Economics and Business Management
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
These gigs are ideal for experienced freelance editors whose specialized knowledge and acute editing skills will help researchers get their academic papers published in high-tier international journals.
Enago assigns papers of varying levels of difficulty created by non-native speakers in either English or their native language (translated papers). It is the job of the freelancer to ensure:
- Faultless grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and word choice.
- Flow, transition, proper terminology, accuracy of content, and consistency.
- Correct manuscript format adapting academic formalities (citation style, layout, section headings, and tense usage).
- Safekeeping the author’s intended message even in papers where the freelancer has to edit extensively.
Most editors will need to possess the following:
- At least 5 years of relevant academic copy editing/substantive editing/proofreading experience.
- Ability to edit, restructure, and polish articles written by non-native speakers.
- Extensive subject matter expertise.
- Knowledge of style (such as APA, CMS, AMA, CSE, and IEEE) and conventions followed in academic writing.
Compensation: Enago offers the possibility of a guaranteed monthly/annual income while freelancing, in addition to an annual bonus based on performance.