Droga5 (est. 2006), an independent advertising network, is seeking a Freelance Copy Editor to review and correctly edit: 1) advertising mechanicals, such as print ads, billboards, installations, online banners, etc.; and 2) internal documents, such as new-business pitches, newsletters, and television scripts.
- Examine every document or text to ensure the copy is free from errors (spelling, grammar, punctuation).
- Identify missing copy, logos, symbols, or legal requirements.
- Review content and style for consistency and correctness.
- Follow specific style guides for each client.
- Question uncertainties and other confusing points.
- Recommend revisions to improve clearness and effectiveness of agency prose.
- BA in journalism, English or related field or equivalent publishing certificate mandatory; advanced degree preferred.
- 3 years’ publishing, advertising or related copyediting experience; agency experience preferred.
- Chicago Manual of Style experience required.
Compensation: to be discussed with qualified candidates.