As the E-Commerce Editor you will build and manage the Commerce content program for Dotdash’s beautiful Food, Home and Pets brand, The Spruce. You will bring our readers the high-quality product and service recommendations they’re searching for, within and around The Spruce’s premium content, connecting readers to top affiliate partners like Amazon, Wayfair and more.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for commerce content strategy and execution, including assigning and editing new Commerce content to our network of top product reviewers, producing and publishing new content in our CMS, updating existing Commerce content with new product releases, and tracking and analyzing the success of all editorial efforts.
The Spruce is growing rapidly since launch and we have huge plans for Commerce! If you are passionate about Food, Home, Pets and Garden products and lifestyles, and enjoy building data-driven editorial programs, this is the role for you!
About Your Contributions:
- Assign, edit and publish new Commerce content across The Spruce, using competitor analysis, marketplace knowledge and internal data to back your editorial approach
- Manage monthly editorial updating process of top 200 Commerce articles on The Spruce for our critical product categories
- Manage Commerce product reviewer contributor model, sourcing and onboarding high-quality new writers as needed
- Track and use performance data to adjust editorial strategy and programming efforts
- Food or Home-obsessed writer, editor, or producer, with 3-5 years experience developing online editorial content and adjusting strategy and tactics based on data.
- You have good writing/editing ability and an instinctive feel for an authentic voice and how to make a reader take action
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of digital media traffic and conversion funnels
The Spruce is NYC-based, but for the right candidate this role is also open to editor candidates located remotely, on a freelance independent contractor basis.