Technical tutorials raise awareness of DigitalOcean within the greater developer community by contributing approachable, education focused, high quality articles on a variety of DevOps, system administration, development, and DO product topics.
We are seeking short-term writers to work on a few articles over a 3-month period, with the possibility for extension. Writers must have a strong technical background in infrastructure architecture, an interest in teaching and helping readers, and creating the most useful content possible.
To have a better understanding of the type of content you will be working on, please click here.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Writing technical articles on distributed infrastructure topics for the DigitalOcean Community
- Producing diagrams of infrastructure architecture
- Researching to establish a working knowledge of each topic
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Deep understanding of Linux Server Administration, including experience with multiple linux distributions, understanding the basics of multi-server infrastructure and networking concepts, and experience with application setup and deployment
- Experience with large production server deployments
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong research skills and ability to pick up new technical concepts quickly
- Experience working closely with marketing teams is a plus