As a freelance Research and Data Journalist, you’ll work closely with our team to construct all kinds of stories for our clients to tell the outside world. You should be able to use a wide range of research tools and resources to deliver thorough, accurate research on deadline and you should be one of the most resourceful, curious people you know.
Commitment to delivering accurate, edited, professional grade research on short deadlines is a must. The right candidate for this role has a strong analytical mind who can conduct thorough research and develop well-written research outlines that will eventually become online narratives. He/she should have an understanding of the digital media landscape and know how to mine popular publications and a wide variety of online resources, for the most up-to-date information available.
This is a freelance position with the possibility of in-office opportunities in Chicago.
- Collect, analyze, record and organize research information/data
- Follow research project guidelines
- Provide feedback on research viability
- Collaborate with creative teams to determine focus areas
- Develop conceptual online narratives using research/data
- Fact check and copy edit research documents and notify team when research is complete
- 3-5 years research and/or data analysis related experience
- Demonstrated experience in research and data analysis
- Excellent writing, grammar and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent time management, organization, and attention to detail
- Creative thinker with an analytical focus
- Survey analysis and survey methodology experience a plus
- Location in the Chicagoland area a plus, but not a requirement