Dictionary.com is looking for a creative and motivated news junky to join our Marketing team as a Social Media Editor. This is a fast paced and dynamic environment, where you will be responsible for connecting Dictionary.com with emerging culture and trends and creatively bringing them to life through Twitter. The right candidate will be a passionate and strategic self-starter who’s willing and able to put Dictionary.com on the map as an influential, thought provoking brand engaged with current culture and news.
- Use social media to drive awareness of and traffic to our brand
- Be responsive to breaking events that provide Dictionary.com an opportunity to be a part of the conversation
- Seek out and identify key topics and events Dictionary.com can comment on
- Maintain the physical posting on Twitter
- Earn trust internally and externally with many different audiences and stakeholders
- Be creative and develop engaging social media content that’s aligned with the company brand, personality and point of view.
- Make quick strategic decisions with good judgement and creative thought
- Think and communicate clearly – formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
This role is a part-time freelance editor looking to work roughly 20 hours a week. We welcome remote/telecommute candidates (US only please) but if you’re in Oakland or SF Bay Area, come on by! Salary expectations are $15-$17/hr.