We’re looking for a part-time writer with a strong voice and good experience writing for a technical audience.
At Devpost our mission is to help developers find fulfilling work. We have a large, global network of software developers who learn about hackathons and jobs on our platform.
- Write web and newsletter content with a clear and consistent voice. Our newsletter goes out to between 100K and 200K users per week.
- Write text for our software competitions, explaining what users need to do and why.
- Play a key role in creating content-related product features
- Are a superb wordsmith with a natural ability to simplify difficult content
- Have several years experience writing professionally for websites and newsletters
- Have experience writing UI and other product-related text
- Have experience working on websites where the website is the business itself (rather than an online representation of an offline business)
- Are organized and take deadlines seriously.
- Work well in teams
- Big bonus, though not required: have experience writing for a software developer audience