You: a versatile, freelance/home-based writer with international development experience who can pen expert CVs that can stand out in a pool of applications.
The main responsibilities of the CV / Resume Writer are:
- Fully rewrite CVs / resumes for clients–revising the format, content, and writing style–to develop a new, effective CV based on their qualifications and career goals;
- Discuss career gaps with clients and clear up missing links to aid in writing and improving CV drafts;
- Ensure that the rewritten CVs match the responsibilities of the types of jobs that the client would like to apply to;
- Fulfill assignments within a two-week turnaround for each project and ideally be able to take multiple projects at once;
- Coordinate regularly with our Devex CV Writing Team on project progress, issues, and schedule considerations, while working remotely.
- At least two years’ working experience in international development.
- A Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, journalism, English, or other related fields.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience working with people from various cultures.
- Able to communicate effectively with clients whose first language is not English.
- Able to communicate regularly with a team through email.
- Able to easily adapt to the Devex CV Writing Style.
- Able manage and keep track of deadlines, and has fast internet access.
- Exceptional client management skills.