DDC (est. 1996) is looking for Freelance Writers to create a variety of content for advocacy clients in the energy industry.
As a full-service public affairs agency, DDC helps clients traverse the legislative, regulatory, and policy landscape by developing and overseeing advocacy programs that influence public opinion, persuade decision-makers, and alter outcomes.
This gig is ideal for writers who are knowledgeable about oil, gas, and investor-owned utility issues and can craft influential print and digital content, including web and social media, earned media, emails, fact sheets, long-form content, etc.
- Impeccable grammar skills;
- Experience writing various types of advocacy communications;
- Expert knowledge of AP and CMOS styles;
- Ability to write in various voices to communicate to diverse readers;
- Thorough attention to detail; and
- Complete time-sensitive projects on deadline, sometimes requiring evening and weekend work.
Work will be project-based. Writers can work from home.
Compensation: fixed weekly or monthly retainers.