The Freelance Senior Medical Editor will serve as lead editor on one or two brands, depending on size and will work with cross-functional agency partners. Three to 5 years’ experience as a medical copy editor, experience with AMA style, a good score on our editorial test, and attention to detail are necessary, as is an interest in medicine/science and marketing.
- Edit both Web-based and print materials for grammar, syntax, content, and clarity
- Fact check materials for accuracy of content and product claims
- Fry test consumer/patient materials
- Spell check all print and digital materials
- Work closely with other team members to resolve content, referencing, or scheduling issues
- Research and secure references to ensure accuracy of medical/scientific statements and brand claims
- Develop and maintain style guides and references for assigned brand(s)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with digital communications and online research methodology
- Organization, attention to detail, ability to handle several assignments at once
- Proficiency in in Microsoft Suite
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Reader/HQ Reader
DDB Health is a global network of healthcare communications companies dedicated to helping clients use creativity—and creative technology—as a force for good health. Through deep insight into customers, channels, and behavior, DDB Health creates meaningful change on behalf of important healthcare brands.