Davis Wright Tremaine’s family business practice group is looking for a content writer to aid in creating weekly content to post on its Family Business Resource Center. The blog includes posts from DWT attorneys as well as other professionals in the family business community. Posts are generally original content relating to current events, legal points or observations on legal and/or business considerations relating to family businesses.
We are seeking a law student to write content for the family business resource center to then be reviewed and edited by attorneys in the group before posting. Each post would average 600-750 words apiece and are written in a non-legal tone. The ideal candidate would have an interest in family businesses, corporate law and governance and, potentially, estate planning, but this is not required. We anticipate needing approximately four posts/month.
- Currently enrolled in law school
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Blog experience helpful, but not necessary
- Skilled in gathering research
- Accuracy and fact-checking proficiency
- Above-average attention to detail