This freelance contract position may be called upon to assist the Cumberland County Communications Department with various communication projects. Projects may include writing press releases and longer articles for the website, and photography at special events (specifically evenings and weekends). Successful candidates should have experience in the fields of writing (specifically using AP style), photography and interviewing. Assignments will be on an as needed, first come first serve bases. Hourly compensation is negotiable depending on experience.
Selected freelancers will report directly to the County’s Communications Director. Once selected, freelancers will be placed into a pool and contacted as projects are available.
- Submitted work will receive no more than three (3) rewrites.
- All written work must be submitted as a Word or other text document.
- When available, assignments will be shared with the entire pool of freelancers and awarded on a first come bases.
- A deadline for assignment delivery will be included with each possible assignment posting.
- All assignments must be submitted to the County’s Communications Director.
- Payment will be issued only for completed assignments.
Strong writing skills are preferred.
- Experience writing in AP style.
- Experience with photography.
- Must have own transportation and equipment (computer, camera, etc.) to complete all assignments.
To apply: Submit a cover letter, which includes your anticipated hourly rate (please indicate if your photography rate is different), resume and three writing samples.