The company behind Crossword Hobbyist (crosswordhobbyist.com) and My Word Search (mywordsearch.com), two websites that let anyone create interactive crossword puzzles and word searches online, is hiring a Freelance Content Writer to handle all inbound marketing initiatives.
The content writer will:
- Research and write topical evergreen content for sites/blogs
- Ensure blog content and layout are readable and user- and SEO-friendly
- Create an editorial calendar based on SEO research
- Establish relationships with outside bloggers
- Build a social media following
- Create and manage puzzle contests
- Address incoming public relations opportunities
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Substantial SEO skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree, 3.5+ GPA
- 3+ years’ experience writing for a corporation or agency
- A thorough understanding of what motivates and engages online customers
- A comprehension of formatting online articles, blogs, and other digital content
- Experience using WordPress or another content management platform
This job allows the writer to work a full-time flexible schedule from home, approx. 30 hours a week.
Compensation: discussed with qualified writers.