We are looking for a professional technical writer to produce high-quality documentation that meets company authoring standards and performs writing tasks on required documentation projects, including format and editing. The selected candidate will be required to analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities as well as create/edit graphics and diagrams, capture product screenshots and define ideal help content structure for target users. The writer will also contribute to the timely design, production and delivery/completion of product documentation and document sets. The innate ability to write and edit material used to present technical information to a technical and non-technical audience is essential to this role.
- Responsible for editing, rewriting, maintaining and authenticating program/projected related documentation including installation instructions, training materials, user manuals, product configuration, product connector guide, diagrams, spreadsheets, presentations and other artifacts as necessary.
- Gathers, analyzes, and composes technical information.
- Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology.
- Translates technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical users.
- Ensures consistency, clarity, and quality in and across all types of documentation.
- Engages in formatting, editing, and quality assurance on own work and the work of others.
- Ability to install, configure and run software on virtual test networks for documentation purposes
- Receives input from technical staff and rewrites documentation in a clear and concise style
- Improves editorial and visual standards for documents and recommends new designs, layouts and procedures as needed.