CCC is a small startup company working in educational publishing, based in Portland, Maine, with writers and editors located nationally. We are currently working on a high school level literature workbook, anthology and accompanying teachers’ guide. We are looking for educators with experience to assist us in the creation and development of this material, exercising their teaching expertise and pedagogical knowledge to allow us to create a great product for our client and for the students who will be utilizing these resources. This is an excellent behind-the-scenes peek out of the classroom and into the world of educational publishing.
This is contract work, with payments arriving as milestones are achieved. These are ongoing projects, and the right candidate can be on-boarded immediately. Current contracts extend through December.
– Detail-oriented and rigorous in applying comprehensive guidelines
– Ability to “think like a student,” and edit own work accordingly
– Can meet deadlines, and communicate effectively through multiple online platforms (ex. Google Docs, Google Drive, Asana)
– Experience in writing educational curriculum
– Available a minimum of 10-15 hrs/wk (times flexible)
1-2+ years teaching at desired grade level