The Temporary Editor is responsible for executing editorial standards and protocol for all core, offline, and elective online courses (lessons, assessments, multimedia, and ancillary materials) in a full- or part-time capacity.
The Temporary Editor is also responsible for ensuring that edits to the curriculum conform to the predetermined, contractual agreements between Connections Education and educational partners.
The Temporary Editor will become familiar with Connections Education’s editorial style guide as well as be experienced with general editorial style guidelines to perform editorial functions such as copy editing text for style, consistency, etc.
Finally, and most importantly, the Temporary Editor must demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail, be able to multitask effectively, and have the flexibility and breadth of general knowledge to edit a variety of subjects.
Candidates with a background in editing educational material are encouraged to apply.Read More
- Edits all new and existing curriculum and promotional company materials in both online and offline (print and web-based) formats;
- Submits copy edits to Curriculum teams on schedule;
- Works with the Lead Editor and/or Managing Editor to ensure projects meet quality standards;
- Works with the Lead Editor and/or Managing Editor to define editorial styles and conventions that are accurate and evolve with changes in reputable, widely-accepted editorial manuals (stays current on editorial trends);
- Becomes an expert with Connections Education’s general editorial style guide to perform editorial functions to ensure content is accurate, consistent, etc.;
- Provides regular status reports for all activities related to the project;
- Effectively communicates with the Curriculum Development and Production teams, support staff, and fellow editors;
- Develops self to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles, and seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance; and
- Other duties as assigned.