Working as an independent contractor from home, the Elementary Science Content Editor will be part of a curriculum development project to be implemented in the 2017–2018 school year. The Elementary Content Editors will work with the Curriculum and Editorial teams to ensure quality and accuracy of content and become familiar with and apply Connections Academy’s general editorial style guidelines.
Effective communication with Project Managers and Curriculum development team members is essential. Candidates with experience in content development in the areas of elementary education, science or curriculum editing in educational publishing, and teaching are encouraged to apply.
The Elementary Science Content Editor’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Research and verify elementary science subject matter content;
- Critique lessons, suggest enhancements and apply revisions;
- Evaluate new and modified lesson content for alignment to state standards and accessibility guidelines;
- Evaluate new and modified assessment content for alignment to state standards and accessibility guidelines;
- Work with Editorial and Curriculum teams to implement a comprehensive and consistent academic program; and
- Other duties as assigned.