Our client is looking for a tech writer to create online help for a consumer audience. You do not have to know DITA to apply, it’s a plus. You do have to have good consumer facing writing samples. The software product is a rewrite/reimagining of an existing product, an ERP system for project-based businesses. It will include apps for accounting, CRM, resource planning, HR, payroll, billing – basically everything that a project-based business need to run its front and back office. It is being built specifically for cloud deployment, in HTML5.
For online help, the writers use DITA and a content management system from SDL called Live Content Architect. They are embedded in agile teams and work side by side with designers, developers, and QE and UX people. The emphasis on user self-sufficiency: making it easy for customers to get up and running on the product without a lot of hand-holding. Therefore, they are focusing a lot on ease of use and on robust documentation and self-directed learning.
[expand title=”Read More”]
- Very strong English skills
- Experience documenting API’s, REST, JSON etc is highly preferred
- Ability to work as an embedded member of a development team and gather information from designers, developers, and others. (Exposure to agile development is a plus.)
- Experience writing about software for a non-technical, end-user audience
- .Experience writing online help.
- Knowledge of DITA is a plus
- Exposure to accounting or other business applications.