ChefSteps—a cooking and tech company based in Pike Place Market—is seeking a highly communicative, speedy-yet-accurate copy editor to ensure all public-facing copy is grammatically correct and adheres to our house style. Top editing, writing, and other opportunities are a possibility too, depending on interest and experience. But mostly we just need a grammar, punctuation, and fact-checking all-star who can quickly whip copy into shape with elegance and rock-solid good judgment. This position is full time and can be onsite or remote. The copy editor will need to be available during Pacific time business hours, Monday through Friday.
- Copy edit all public-facing (as well as some internal) copy, including but not limited to recipes, app guides, video text, emails and announcements, social media posts, and ads
- Schedule and publish website pages
- Update site, app, and other content areas as needed to ensure they are accurate, consistent, and up to date
- Work with kitchen, writers, marketing, and customer service teams to ensure all product information, recipes, etc. are clear and accurate
- Edit and publish FAQ entries
- Maintain and develop the company style guides and word list