C4 is seeking a Part-Time On Call (PTOC) Copy Editor with expertise in proofreading and copy editing written materials to ensure they conform to style guides and meet publication standards. Depending on the candidate’s availability and the volume of editing needs, hours will vary from 3-20 hours per week. This position will work across all departments.
- Proofreading, copy editing, and correcting text to ensure it is well written, logically structured, and in the appropriate style for the intended audience. Documents will vary, ranging from issue briefs, reports, proposals, manuals, newsletters, web content, research articles, and conference materials.
- Aligning document text and/or basic formatting, following designated style guides.
- Correcting/editing grammar and spelling.
- Ensuring the text is consistent, e.g. hyphens, capital letters, and spelling.
- When appropriate, checking facts to ensure validity.
- Ensuring proper citation of references.