CarTech, Inc. (est. 1993), a leading publisher of how-to automotive titles for the hardcore enthusiast, is looking for Freelance Acquisitions Editors. The candidates for this position will acquire and prepare manuscripts for publication based on the company’s subject area(s) and growth goals.
Acquisition Editors will:
- Identify and qualify potential authors for title ideas provided by the Editorial Director.
- Oversee the development of manuscripts and coordinate with authors to maintain deadline-sensitive schedules.
- Review author outlines, sample chapters, photos, and manuscripts at multiple steps throughout the writing process.
- Provide specific instructions on what the author needs to fix or change.
- Choose a relevant cover image with both the Editorial Director and author.
- Decide if completed manuscript and accompanied photos are suitable or if they need more work.
- Conduct content/developmental edits and photos edits.
- Deliver final manuscript and photos to the editorial department.
- Evaluate last-minute edits and layouts and consult with author on changes.
Editors must be familiar with a wide range of automotive hobbies and/or have experience in or knowledge of automotive technical applications.
Compensation: freelancers are paid on a per project basis.