Working as an independent contractor from home, the Elementary Science Curriculum Writer will collaborate with the Curriculum Development team to enhance computer-based lessons in our elementary (grades K-5) Science courses to meet state standards. Effective communication with the Project Managers and other Curriculum Development team members is essential. Candidates with experience in content development in the areas of Elementary Education, Science, and developing standard aligned lesson content are encouraged to apply.
The Elementary Science Curriculum Writer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate computer-based lessons and assessments for alignment to state science standards;
- Develop and add content to existing lessons to align to state standards, a s well as develop new questions to assess state standards;
- Ensure that new content is accurate as well as consistent with principles of quality educational lesson and assessment design;
- Ensure that the new or replacement content aligns to the accessibility guidelines;
- Work with the Project Managers and the Curriculum Development team to maintain a comprehensive and consistent student experience; and
- Other duties as assigned