Carbonated.TV is a digital media organization aiming to empower “The Voice of the Underdog.” We are currently seeking a diverse set of talented writers to contribute to our rapidly growing team.
The ideal candidate would be a recent college graduate and ambitious self-starter with a strong passion for news, politics, and social justice. The individual will not only report the news in a concise and informative manner, but also provide his or her own progressive spin on trending topics of the day. Candidates must have a knack for attention-grabbing stories and can efficiently write and analyze breaking news. Come join a dynamic start-up culture where you will have the chance to report on what matters and have your opinions heard!
- 1-2 years’ experience at a high-volume online publication or news outlet
- Excellent grasp of grammar and AP style and ability to produce clean and compelling copy
- Able to craft killer, traffic-driving headlines
- A social media fanatic with a sharp sense for viral content
- Keen eye for quality photos
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms such as Google Analytics, Parse.ly, and Chartbeat is a plus
- Positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Pitch and write original and aggregated news content
- Post content in a timely manner to social media platforms in the Carbonated.TV voice
- Able to work quickly and independently
- Strong organizational and time-management skills