Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, serving more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries.
CACTUS is honoured to be ranked 12th (after a screening of more than 47,000 companies) on the 2017 list of Top 100 Companies for Remote/Freelance Jobs (Forbes article).
We engage a global team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. We’re currently looking for specialist freelance copy editors and substantive editors in the fields of Materials Science, Physics and Optics, Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences, Computer Science and Mathematics, Engineering and Technology, Chemistry, Medicine, Dentistry, and the Pharmaceutical Sciences.
WHY THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY:
- Flexibility to determine your schedule and work hours
- Our most prolific freelancers who deliver consistently good quality earn over USD $3000 per month
- Additional fees of up to 20%
- No need to relocate. As this is a freelance opportunity, candidates from any location are invited to apply.*
What you will do
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
What you need
- A Post Doc/PhD/Masters/Bachelors degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in Materials Science, Engineering and Technology, Physics, Chemistry, Dentistry, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Physical sciences, Healthcare, Medicine and Surgery.
- A Post Doc/ PhD/ Masters/ Bachelors degree [detailed subject-area list below]
- Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
Cactus Communications has international subsidiaries and offers editing, translation, medical writing, and other services to researchers, academic journals, and organizations worldwide. We serve more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries and have extensive experience engaging our global community of 800+ freelancers.APPLY TO JOB
To apply, please access this link: https://cactusglobal.edoola.com/page/ccrf/?utm_source=onlinewritingjobs
Detailed subject-area list
- Physical sciences: Engineering (all disciplines), Robotics, Automobile Engineering, Controls and Systems, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communication, Environmental Science, Energy, Indoor Air Quality, Nuclear Physics, Analytical Chemistry, Physical/ Computational Chemistry, General Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Nanochemistry, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Alloys, Nanomaterials, Ceramics/Glass, Materials Engineering, Engineering Geology, Ceramics, Glass, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Optics, Mineralogy, Remote Sensing, Climate Science, Stratigraphy, Sedimentology, Paleontology, Geodesy, Earth Sciences
- Life sciences: Pharmaceutical Science
- Healthcare: Cardiology, Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Physical Medicine, Rehabilitation, Chemotherapy, Plastic Surgery, Epidemiology, Infectious Diseases, Public Health, Diabetes Research, Radiotherapy Planning.
- Medicine: Anatomy, Endocrinology, Dentistry, Radiology, Surgery, Medicine, Ophthalmology
- Social sciences: (At least a Master’s degree)- Psychology
*Please note that we are currently not hiring from the State of New York. You could email us your resumes on the email address listed and we will let you know if there are any suitable openings in the future.