Sitting within BuzzFeed’s newly created Product Labs, this position will be responsible for the writing and editing of shopping content, targeted to the Tasty audience and optimized for the holiday season.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a unique mix of an editorial and merchandising background, experience in the ecommerce space, and possessing a strong understanding of consumer buying habits. We are looking for someone who brings energy and passion to everything they do and is dedicated to connecting with consumers through the content they produce. Testing and learning will be the key to success, so this candidate should feel comfortable with understanding reporting and analytics, and willing to adjust content strategy based on performance data.
- Write and produce shopping content, with the main KPI of driving traffic and conversion to the featured retailers and brands.
- Test various content formats and product assortments to identify the price point, product categories, content themes and retailers that resonate the strongest with the Tasty audience.
- Work cross-functionally with the social team to ensure content is effectively shared and distributed across Tasty channels, with the goal of driving maximizing the return of each post
- Leverage performance data to drive content decisions
- Maintain a data and commerce focused lens, while provided a cohesive brand experience.