Book Editing Associates (est. 1998) is recruiting more Freelance Editors/Proofreaders to join its network of freelance editorial support professionals.
Candidates must have at least five years of relevant skills in traditional publishing to conduct all levels of editing, from development/substantive to copy editing and proofreading.
Preference will be given to freelancers who can provide professional editing/proofreading in these genres:
- Children/ Young Adult/ Middle Grade Fiction and Nonfiction (picture and chapter books)
- Science Fiction/ Horror/ Speculative Fiction
- Paranormal Romance
- Women’s Topics (fiction and nonfiction)
- Romance Novels
- New Age (fiction)
- Christian (fiction and nonfiction)
- Jewish (fiction and nonfiction)
- Short Stories
- Full-time freelancer (no moonlighters)
- 5+ years of editing experience
- Ability to use MS-Word (2010 or later) and its Tracking features
- Ability to check email several times daily
- Native English-speaker
Candidates will work directly with clients. Because this position provides a high-output of assignments, freelancers must be available regularly to accept new work.
Compensation: based on experience and freelance rates.