Quartz is Atlantic Media’s ambitious and fast-growing global business news brand. Our mission is to create high-quality global business journalism that thrives in the digital age.
The In-House Branded Content team of Quartz is seeking assistance from a freelancer to collect and analyze data to be incorporated into sponsored charts produced on behalf of our clients, which will be displayed on our chart platform, Atlas.
Charts on Atlas tell self-contained, data-centric stories that strive to be both interesting and informative. Sponsored charts are created by the Branded Content team for a variety of client partners and are not bylined.
This opportunity is project-based: we’re seeking a contribution of approximately twenty suitable datasets per month.
Responsibilities / Qualifications:
- Find, assess, and generate structured datasets that the Branded Content team can easily convert to chart-based stories on Atlas
- Conduct and compile research in a manner that is resourceful and comprehensive
- Demonstrable experience finding and manipulating publicly available data
- Comfort with quantitative analysis and google sheets / excel
- Able to interpret large datasets and generate compelling datasets to tell a data-centric story that is both interesting and informative
- Able to find topically relevant, industry-specific data
- Comfort with working independently
- Research background a plus
Pay is competitive, with potential for additional assignments in the future. The work will not require travel to the Quartz New York office and may be conducted from any location.