Archinect is seeking talented and experienced freelance architecture writers to cover stories about and for the architecture industry, with a specific focus on issues of architecture practice, employment, and architectural education. We are seeking individuals passionately obsessed with architecture, with a specific focus on contemporary architects and industry issues. The successful candidates will be extremely responsible and driven, with a proven history of excelling in related work.
- Report architecture news quickly, thoroughly, and thoughtfully
- Research stories, contact sources quickly and dig out important details
- Source material and confirm usage rights for media (images, video, etc.)
- Reformat/optimize media (images, gifs, video) as necessary, for the web
- A degree in architecture OR a degree in another field with a deep passion and understanding of architecture
- Examples of excellence in writing for an online publication
- Thorough knowledge of key players in the architecture industry and important issues facing architects
- A keen eye for high-quality architectural design, with an impressive list of favorite architects/buildings
- Excellent communication skills
- Very polite yet aggressive to track down contacts/facts to complete tasks in a timely manner
This is a freelance opportunity, so location is flexible, but accessibility during Los Angeles work hours is expected.